The Modeling & Simulation Graduate Intern will support CCAM’s research programs. Graduate Interns will help to ensure that projects are delivered on time, on budget, and with a high standard of quality.
IN THIS POSITION YOU WILL:
Improve skills related to numerical analysis of complex manufacturing processes through:
- The modeling of LPBF and DeD deposition processes
- Participating in the design of experiments for developing, updating and validating process model
Improve technical communication skills through:
- Formatting and formal reporting and presentation of results
Academic Major OR Area of Focus: Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Modeling and Simulation
Completed Coursework: Physics 1 &2, Differential Equations, Mathematical Methods in Materials Research, Powder Processing, Structures and Properties of Materials
Technical Skills: ANSYS, COMSOL or any other commercial FEA package
*This position requires access to technology or intellectual property that is subject to export control requirements. Candidates must be qualified for such access without an export control license.
- Work independently towards an established goal without continuous oversight or assistance.
- Quickly grasp key concepts needed to attack difficult engineering and manufacturing problems.
- Maintain a positive, team-first mentality.
- Take ownership of projects.
- Development and application of scientific principles.
- Innovative, creative, technically complicated problem solving.
- Working outside of your comfort zone.
- Having fun while learning new things!
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should reference the position the applicant is applying for. For further information, please visit the CCAM website at http://www.ccam-va.com/.
CCAM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. CCAM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics, disability, or veteran status.