The Data Science Intern will support CCAM’s research programs. Interns will help to ensure that projects are delivered on time, on budget, and with a high standard of quality.
IN THIS POSITION YOU WILL:
Improve understanding of the application of data science principles in manufacturing through:
- Understanding the principles of advanced data analysis and modeling schemes for manufacturing with emphasis on machine learning principles for image processing
- Modification of existing scripts to analyze large data sets for modeling and analysis purposes.
- Development of scripts to pre-process datasets as needed for various modeling and analysis purposes.
Improve critical thinking skills through:
- Learning new libraries through API documentation and self-experimentation
- Exploring literature for ways to improve performance of existing models.
Improve technical communication skills through:
- Formatting and formal reporting and presentation of results
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS: The completed coursework section gives an overview of courses across the majors of Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, and Computer Science that give conceptual foundation for the internship project work. It is not expected for candidates to have taken all these courses.
*At a minimum, candidates must have partially (at least two years of academic credit) completed a scientific or engineering degree at an accredited university. *
Academic Major OR Area of Focus: Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering Majors
Completed Coursework: Programming 1 & 2, Design of Experiments/Statistics/Statistics for Engineering, Engineering Problem Solving, Technical Writing/Public Speaking
Technical/ Programming Skills: Python, C++, C, C#, R, Technical Writing, Proficient in Excel
*This position requires access to technology or intellectual property that is subject to export control requirements. Candidates must be qualified for such access without an export control license.
- Work independently towards an established goal without continuous oversight or assistance.
- Quickly grasp key concepts needed to attack difficult engineering and manufacturing problems.
- Maintain a positive, team-first mentality.
- Take ownership of projects.
- Development and application of scientific principles.
- Innovative, creative, technically complicated problem solving.
- Working outside of your comfort zone.
- Having fun while learning new things!
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The subject line should reference the position the applicant is applying for. For further information, please visit the CCAM website at http://www.ccam-va.com/.
CCAM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. CCAM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics, disability, or veteran status.